AudioSource EQ 200 Graphic Equalizer Review
The EQ 200 model Graphic Equalizer manufactured by the AudioSource is a great tool that enables you to have greater control over your speaker sound than the alternative options of simple tone controls available in the market. The EQ 200 allows you to enhance the sound quality of older recordings and instrumentals according to your preference and is, therefore, a perfect fit for those seeking to add an extra experience to their speaker sound quality.
The EQ 200 Graphic Equalizer Features
The EQ 200 includes 10 adjustable frequency bands which can be controlled independently. You can control stereo system with greater precision. On top of that, this model provides you the capability to fine tune audio signals the way you want. It is technologically more complex and powerful than the treble and bass control of your receiver.
The EQ 200 also includes a 10-band spectrum analyzer display which has multicolor feature. The feature of the display gives you the option to see the frequency content of the music. Thus, you can take the right measure to control the audio system. It has receivers with tape monitor loop/ separate amplifier elements. A wide range of output and input plugs allow you to connect 2recording mediums such as CD, MD etc. at a time so that you can make custom-equalized dubs. This feature will be significantly effective to clean up sound when you will be dubbing from older recordings.
The EQ 200 is basically a two-channel graphic equalizer and each of the channels features 10 bands of cut EQ. All of the twenty sliders include illuminated LEDs that make checking settings easier anywhere from the room. You can independently set left and right sliders and can also control level for each channel. The EQ 200 has noise control features with a 95-decibel signal to noise ratio. The EQ bypass function feature helps to contrast between unequalized and equalized sounds.
The EQ 200 Graphic Equalizer Specs
The model has frequency response limit between 10-50,000 Hz with the deviation of ± 1 Db. The signal to noise ratio is greater than 95 Db and THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) is less than 0.03%. The input and output impedance are 100k ohms 600 ohms respectively.
It has a control range of ± 12 dB with center control frequencies to have greater control over the sound system. The available control frequencies include 30 Hz, 60 Hz, 120 Hz, 250 Hz, 500 Hz, 1 kHz, 2 kHz, 4 kHz, 8 kHz, 16 kHz. Dimensions consist of 3-1/2″ H x 16-1/2″ W x 11-1/4″ D (H=Height, W=Width and D=Depth). One special feature of the equalizer is that video in jacks can be utilized for any sort of output sources, for example, tape deck, CD player, audio outputs of VCR or Laserdisc player
Pros EQ 200 Graphic Equalizer
- The EQ 200 Equalizers can be one of the most cost-effective but advanced music system approaches to enhance sound system of any home environment.
- Flat frequency response feature (uniform yield over the whole data transfer capacity) of the equalizer ensures precision over sound control.
- Uniform output can be hindered by room shape and size, source material, and sound system limits. This equalizer can nullify poor acoustics, adjust low-quality recordings, and make your sound system more practical.
- AudioSource’s EQ 200 is a flexible, reasonable and realistic graphic equalizer. Illuminated LEDs on the 20 slider-modification (10 for every channel) give you the flexibility to check your settings from across the room.
- A range analyzer shows the information signs being bolstered to the EQ. You can also set the left and right sliders independently and can level controls for every channel.
- There are four stereo RCA inputs settings and three stereo RCA output settings take to facilitate the smooth connectivity of the whole AV system.
Cons of EQ 200 Graphic Equalizer
- The sound can at times be up and down (high and low with less stability)
- The equalizer does not have the option to check tape deck’s output while you are recording.
- There is no sensitivity adjustment feature for the analyzer display.
- The input level controls, which are used to adjust display level, also turns down music volume.
The EQ 200 graphic equalizer by AudioSource can be the missing piece to solve the issues you face with fine-tuning and adjusting the sound system. Thereby, the wide array of features can outweigh the few shortcomings associated with the model. Greater flexibility and range of options provided by the EQ 200 have already made it popular among the sound engineers and musicians who require a complete package of sound system control at their studios or at home.